Organic Acid Profile
This is a comprehensive nutritional test (similar to a computerised car analysis) providing insights into organic acids and a view into the body’s cellular metabolic processes. Identifying metabolic blocks that can be addressed nutritionally allows individual tailoring of interventions that maximize therapy outcomes.
Organic acids are metabolic intermediates that are produced in pathways of central energy production, detoxification, neurotransmitter breakdown, or intestinal microbial activity. Marked accumulation of specific organic acids detected in urine often signals a metabolic inhibition or block. The metabolic block may be due to a nutrient deficiency, an inherited enzyme deficit, toxic build-up or drug effect. Several of the biomarkers are markers of intestinal bacterial or yeast overgrowth.
The test profile provides vital information from a single urine specimen:
- Functional vitamin and mineral status
- Amino acid insufficiencies like carnitine and NAC
- Oxidative damage and antioxidant need
- Phase I & Phase II detoxification capacity
- Functional B-complex vitamin need
- Neurotransmitter metabolites
- Mitochondrial energy production
- Methylation sufficiency
- Lipoic acid and CoQ10 status
- Markers for bacterial and yeast overgrowth
Book a one-to-one consultation
During a one-to-one consultation we will take a close look at your presenting symptoms, medical history, your present diet; we find out how your main systems function