Spiced Oat-bran Mousse
A fabulous cholesterol lowering treat!
- 500g Organic, natural Soy yoghurt
- 4 tbsp oat bran
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp dried currants or 1 tbsp raisins
- Xylitol for sweetening, if necessary
Mix all ingredients and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours to allow the bran and seeds to soften.
Yummy Low GI Treat!
- 2 cups diced Bramley apple (no need to peel them)
- 3 cups mixed frozen berries
- ½ Organic lemon’s peel grated and its juice
- 1/4 cup Xylitol + 4 tbsp
- 1/3 cup wholegrain flour (sprouted best)
- 1 and ½ cup oat / millet flakes
- 1 heaped tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g organic butter or mild coconut oil
- 1 cup pecans roughly chopped
Pre-heat oven 180 °C. Pour lemon juice over diced apples, mix with berries, 4 tbsp Xylitol and lemon peel. Lay the mix into oven proof dish.
Mix the rest of the ingredients forming crumble and lay it over the apples loosely covering them. Bake for about 45 minutes, till the fruits are gently bubbling and crumble is slightly darkened and crispy.
Serve with a generous dollop of natural Greek yoghurt.
Say nothing and everyone will love these luscious, moist peaces of heaven!
- 250g Dark organic chocolate (70-85%)
- 250g Organic unsalted butter
- 250g Steamed or ready cooked beetroot, grated
- 200g Xylitol (natural sugar substitute)
- 3 eggs
- 150g wholegrain flour (sprouted best)
- 2 tsp baking powder
Pre-heat the oven to 200 °C. Sieve together the flour and baking powder.
Whisk together the eggs with a pinch of salt and Xylitol.
Melt the chocolate in a bowl over boiling water, add the butter and take it off the heat. When the butter is melted and the chocolate has cooled a bit, add the sugar-egg mix, then the grated beetroot, finally sieve in the flour bit by bit.
Pour the batter into greased, lined baking tray (preferably made out of Pyrex glass) the size of a magazine, and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Enjoy hot with a dollop of organic vanilla ice cream, or just on its own with a nice cuppa.